Thursday, April 19, 2018

Earliest computer games that I have played.

Okay, let's talk about classic games. Some of classic games that became part of you childhood. Here's a list of mine:

First, the game that comes to mind when someone asks me 'what is the first computer game that you have played?' is the game TYRIAN.

 A classic shooting game with customizable spaceships and stuffs. Really fun game.















 

This had me my first computer game addiction and I am playing it on on Orange Plasma display computer that runs Windows 3.1 and it looks like this:


 

 

 

 

 

Bring back a lot of memories. To give you an idea on it's gameplay, here's a footage that I found on youtube:



And guess what, you can download it on Good Ol' Games. Make you try it out because it's free. :D 
https://www.gog.com/game/tyrian_2000

Moving on, have you heard of the game Golden Axe? It's the first RPG game that I have ever played and I have no recollection of ever defeating the game, for the reason that I am, 6 years old when I'm playing it, HAHA! Never the less, like Tyrian, I have so many memories of that game that it always gives me nostalgia when I recall it.

Take a look, so classic. ;)



Haven't found any useful clips on youtube to show the gameplay but if you want to have an idea of the game and you can play it here [ http://www.retrogames.cz/play_037-DOS.php?language=EN ]. Worth a try. It's a classic. ;)

Lastly, one of the classic games that always comes to my mind is the game Hocus Pocus. A side scrolling shooter, wizardly theme game that made me feel horrified every time I played it. Maybe because it's setting is very darkish? A horrorific feeling that almost like Half Life or Diablo 2.
I mean, look at this screenshot:



THE HORROR!! :P

But I love the feeling. Hahaha. Nostalgia stikes!! x)))
Go give it a try on Good Ol' Games. https://www.gog.com/game/hocus_pocus and tell me what you think.

So, what the first computer games that you have played? Let's discuss in the comment and reminisce the feeling. Until then, PEACE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Earliest computer games that I have played.

Okay, let's talk about classic games. Some of classic games that became part of you childhood. Here's a list of mine: First , the ...